Friday, September 25, 2009

The truth about lying?

Do we lie to protect the ones we love?
I was watching this movie purple violets and there was this sequence in it where this guy says he lied to her about being unfaithful because he did not want to hurt her. I was pondering about this and realised that there is some truth in this fact about lyying?
Recently someone close to me shared some truths which I would rather have not known. In fact I would have been far more comfortable if I had rather not known. And lived in blissful ignorance.
There was someone else I was talking to the other day and being honest and the response was "You are being honest and I HATE it"
I also remember the saying "What you don't know won't hurt you"
What do you think? There is no right or wrong answer.
Of course I would appreciate if you wouldn't lie. :)

No comments: