1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair 2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish 3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes 4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair 5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any. 6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea 7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water 8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste 9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it! 10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too 11 Bee stings - meat tenderizer 12. Chigger bite - Preparation H 13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H 14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals) 15. Stinky feet - Jello ! 16. Athletes feet - cornstarch 17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent
section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and we drink
this stuff) 19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool
Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and
it won't hurt them if they eat it! 20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper 21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray 22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby 23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls 24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on 25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar !
26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in
the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food
color of your choice! 27 Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup
of milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many
years! 29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's! 30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste 31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt. 32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel. 33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper
softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on
food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent
tablets , soak overnight! 35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it! 36.. Dirty grout - Listerine 37. Stains on clothes - Colgate toothpaste 38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from
the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car
batteries! 40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle
and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back
again. 41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever
wondered which is the freshest, so you 'squeeze' for freshness or
softness? Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five
days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day
has a different color twist tie. They are:
Monday = Blue, Tuesday = Green, Thursday = Red Friday = White Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which
is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color
Blue- Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday. Very easy
to remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery
store and the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the
ones with the plastic clips have different colors. You learn something
new everyday! Enjoy fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color
on the day you are shopping.
Don't forget Gatorade for Migraine
Headaches. PowerAde won't work. Pass this information on to friends so
they can be informed :)ang
Part fact part fiction, part fantasy part reality, part autobiographical, part journalistic and part repository of all the junk I find and like to keep on record.
Welcome to my little space on the web. I am a walking contradiction… I am supposed to be a creative type but I can’t draw nor write… I lead a talented bunch of people but don’t possess any leadership qualities… Some call me successful but I don’t have an ounce of ambition…. Some of you may know me but many of you don’t and I like to keep it that way… in other words I want to be visible while being invisible… as you can see the title of the blog is quite apt. This is my effort to try my skills at the written word… and of course wax eloquent about the goings on in my world without really being loud enough to be heard.