Sunday, September 20, 2009

The best way to get the dogs to stop barking???

Well I was in deep sleep this morning till I was rudely woken up by one of our dogs barking his sweet behind off. You see this dog would bark at anything. A moving curtain. Some new piece of furniture just anything which he was not used to seeing. And if the other two joined him gosh thats quite a cacophony to wake up to! Well I did the usual Shush! scream which fell on deaf doggy ears. And suddenly I remembered a little trick which my wife uses which works like a charm? "Who did this?"
Thats right three simple words with a question mark at the end. And damn if it didn't work once more. In fact all three dogs go into quiet mode when someone uses that phrase in a fairly loud tone. Guess sometimes you need to tug at the guilt strings of the canine heart to get your way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol - it's exactly the same with my dogs! except that I have 4 of them. so the noise levels are intolerable - specially when you're trying to get some shut eye :)
this post made me smile :)