Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jumping to conclusions..

That is something I try to avoid as much as possible. But sometimes however good your intentions are and however careful you try to be; you automatically react to situations as if by gut instinct before your mind has time to analyse the facts.
My recent outburst was about something as trivial as a Naan Basket. Since I was otherwise occupied I had asked the Missus to order some for the guests we were having over for dinner. Well she told me these guys had said that no such thing was available. Before I knew it I was on the phone pitching into them when I realized my wife had asked for a cheese Naan basket instead of the usual and of course they don't have that. It was actually a communication error. Yikes wish I had taken a couple of minutes to analyse things before reaching out for the phone. Not only did I have to eat Naan that evening but also humble pie.

No comments: