Monday, May 24, 2010

Are we ever really free

The other day we were invited to a relations for lunch and no one wanted to attend. We would rather spend sunday at home. But we could not say "NO" without hurting the other person. So an elaborate excuse about me having a shoot was concocted. Sadly like most all elaborate excuses this one shatterred to pieces when my voice was heard in the background of a phone conversation. Honestly I did not think they would call. Thankfully the weather gods were there to save us and since it was raining my shoot had been canceled. Anyway it was sad we had to lie such a lot. It reminded me of reading somewhere that "true freedom or independence was the ability to say I can't without giving a reason". All I can do is nod my head vigorously and say how true!

No comments: