Saturday, August 22, 2009

Twelve years...



12 years...

its been that long since you were snatched away.

I can still remember you lying on that hospital bed.

tubes all over you.... looking deeply into my eyes...

the feeling of helplessness that came over me...

not being able to do anything other than pray...

I can remember praying.... looking up to the cross at infant jesus church...

not just praying... crying... pleading... begging.

sadly my prayers fell on deaf ears...


I still wonder why? How?

why you? What have you done to deserve this?

was it my sins that you are paying for?

would it have been different if we took you to another doctor?

I remember 12 years ago today...

leaning over and whispering into your ear...

its ok to go darling.... its ok....

I still have the memories...
of you running down a corridor.... smiling

of you holding my hand....

one day you wanted me to move the sun

to stop it shining into your eyes...

you know I would have if I could...

and it still hurts as it did then

12 years ago...



in memory of little S who departed on 21/08/1997

No comments: