Monday, August 17, 2009

I should be sleeping..

... but I can't. So here I am tapping in some words trying to gear myself up for another hectic week ahead. The past few days have been stressful. Also it has been frustrating. Whilst things have not seemed to have improved much I can feel that the sun is going to come out of the clouds very soon. I only hope that it is not too late and we would not have drowned by that time. My Saturday was busy. And for the first time I actually missed taking my Saturday afternoon nap. He he not that it is a big thing. But well a man must have his little luxuries. Well the good news is that I when I came back from work in the evening I took my daughters out for a small round. I had to go and get a suit adjusted and thought I will take them along. It was quite nice to hear them chattering away as I drove.
Sometimes I cannot believe what I have become. I never saw myself being a father when I was young. He he though I sure would not have led an opportunity to father a kid slip by. But recently at a client meeting (on a poya day) I was reintroduced to Dominos. And amazingly it was better than what it was those days. So after dropping in at the Hameedias show room in rajagiriya I took the kids and went to domino's and ordered us some Pizzas. Well they said it would take fifteen minutes. And we walked out of the place 35 minutes later quite happy that it has taken longer. It made me smile at my sri lankaness how most of us would put up with people not keeping up to their word with a patient smile. Well the pizza was fabulous and the kids loved it though they wanted to go to Pizza hut at first. In fact they loved it so much that we ordered pizza again this evening because we were feeling hungry. A perdinner snack. Well once more I ended up eating way more than I should and am feeling stuffed. I still cant believe that I have actually managed to post a couple of articles on my blog in the past few days even with the work being hectic. And other commitments taking pride of place as well. But I have made a promise to myself to see if I can at least do one post a day. The main reason is that I want to be able to write. I have so many things I want to say. But the moment I am in front of a keyboard I am stuck. In fact I think that I might be better off writing with pen and paper and then typing it in.
When I see people who can say what can be said in one word in ten I cringe with envy. But well I am sure if I keep typing away one of these days I will be able to make the words gush and let it pour forth. I read two interesting books in one day and I am trying to see in my mind if I should mention them in another post. After all the title of this post is I cant sleep. Well the words are indeed pouring out. And I think it is time for me to head to bed and catch up on some Zzz. I am sleepy and tired. Not only because I missed my Saturday afternoon nap. Also because I stayed up till nearly two in the morning reading when I should have been sleepy.
Sadly I am not looking forward to the week ahead. Firstly there are so many minor issues I need to look into it is not funny. Also a certain colleague is not pulling his weight. I have one charity project already and I really cant afford another one. Well I made the mistake of hiring him and even a bigger mistake of confirming him (as well as giving an increment) when I should have extended his probation. Well that is what I am the eternal optimist. And now thanks to that I am pushing a bus uphill. Well well I am hoping for a miracle. Cos I sure do need one.

No comments: