Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mirror mirror on the wall whose the biggest copy cat of them all?

Recently a friend sent me a commercial which was done in Indonesia by Toyota which I thought was very good and had lots of wow factor. just a few minutes ago I turned on the tv and was watching SLRC when I saw the same commercial being done for Ceylinco VIP. I just thought I should put it up on here. I looked for the new "on the spot" commercial but could not find it yet. But the moment I find it I will post it here so that you can see how closely they have copied it. Virtually frame for frame.
What really saddens me is that this is done by a top agency who has a proud heritage. And what makes this even worse is because this is not the first time they have done such things. Well I think this is because of foreign Creative Directors who really don't have a great sense of responsibility for the company they work for. Because in less than three years they would be posted to another location. So by the time their crime is discovered it is too late. Well I think its sad. What really saddens me further is that while a lot of agencies and advertising associations are talking about scam which is still original creativity no one in the industry or related bodies are doing anything about copying which is a crime which is far worse. Well guess this is Sri Lanka.

No comments: