Sunday, October 18, 2009

A selfless act of kindness…


I have been going relatively early than before since I have started increasing the frequency of my posts on here. Let me assure you that there is no co relation between these completely useless tidbits of info and it is mere coincidence. But this was a person I saw regularly every day when I go to drop my kids in school. She is a well dressed lady who comes out of the Narahenpita train station and feeds all the stray dogs on the road. And she does this every day. There are many times I see her bending over in her nice red sari trying serve food into little scraps of paper so each stray dog could eat without fighting one another. And she does this every day like a prayer. I don’t think she is a rich lady I believe she works in a a government institution in that area like the RMV. But it gives me fresh faith in the human race when I see acts of consistent kindness like this. The only reward she gets for her gentleness is my admiration and a wag of a tail and a woof of appreciation. I do apologize for the blurry photograph as well as the bad angle I was taking this while driving but I think you can make her out.

No comments: