Monday, October 26, 2009

How can the government which overcame terrorism be brought to its knees by a trade union?


This is what baffles me for the past few days. When I see the queues miles long outside the petrol sheds. How on earth could the powers that be let this go out of control so soon. They were bragging to the world that we were the only country who was able to quell terrorism. But how come we can’t quell some minor uprising in a service which has been gazetted as an essential service? I must confess that I always knew something like this was going to happen… again. So I had made sure that I will not be caught with my pants down. While everyone was calling and worrying about petrol I was driving around comfortable knowing that I have three twenty liter cans of petrol sitting snuggly in a corner just waiting for a day like this. Thankfully I did not have to use it but it did help my boss out when he was in a spot.

Once again the president was out of the country when this catastrophe hit and it seems that everything has to wait till he comes back. Does this mean that the government does not have anyone capable of making a decision? I always suspected that in order to be an MP you have to be a spineless yes man. This proves it beyond doubt.

No comments: