Monday, January 18, 2010

The Talented Loosers.

Is this another meaningless oxymoron? Actually no this post is about a bunch of people who are very close to me and I know very well. I have never met people with so much talent. For instance there is one person who is a brilliant cook, a painter, tailor, carpenter, computer hardware engineer as well as photographer with excellent english and communication skills. But sadly this person can never keep a job and lives a hand to mouth existence. It is the same with some of the others I know. There is another gentleman who is one of the most intelligent people I know who is well read and a walking encyclopedia. But all he does is drink his way to oblivion and virtually beg for money. Most of these people I know would have been able to have it all but guess there is one little thing which they lack which is literally stopping them from moving on. I have always wondered if there is something called too much talent and too much intelligence?

No comments: