Thursday, August 21, 2014

The amazing inspiring story of Arnel Pineda.

It was a rainy Monday morning and I was feeling lazy. So lazy that I had canceled my morning workout and quite literally dragged my ass to work. I turned on my comp and did a quick scan of Face Book as my emails loaded and came across a post which was share by Robin Sharma.
It was a rags to riches story about Arnel Pineda who was a young man from Philippines. He was dirt poor, homeless and had to beg to survive. But one thing he had in his favor was the ability to sing. A YouTube video of him performing at a talent show caught the eye of one of the band members of Journey - if you don’t know who they are they were a mega band during my era and are still considered rock legends - who was looking for a singer to front the band. Their lead singer Steve Perry had left ten years ago and they have not been able to find a suitable replacement during the past decade. And today young Arnel Pineda is the new lead singer of Journey.
Wow what a story. And you might think that after reading such a motivational piece I would have been galvanized into action and would have been buzzing working my ass off like a fly on speed. Sadly No. I still felt lazy and all I wanted to do was go home have a drink have lunch and get under the blankets and enjoy the rainy weather the best way possible: snoring under the blankets.

No comments: