Saturday, February 13, 2010

A new cool place to chill…

I finally managed to make it to the M.D. Gunasena bookstore down Vajira road and was overwhelmed by how lovely it was. It was beautifully designed and the décor and music was awesome. It took me many months to discover this place even though I work just hop step and a jump away from it. I realize the main reason I had not made it a point to go and check it out was because I thought M.D Gunasena was this old fashioned company without an ounce of style in them.




Guess the old adage of don’t judge a book by its cover is right though in this situation it should say don’t judge the book by its author. He he… Boy was I proved wrong. It was so comfortable you could spend hours curled up on one of the comfy sofas which they have.

I also found a great selection of books including some hard to find titles by Osho who I just discovered. (Another post about that later) and enjoy reading and understanding. And the icing on the cake is they have a cute little café with Go Nutz and haagen Daz ice cream,,,, yummy! There is only one draw back that is the air-conditioning sucks and it’s a tad too warm. I just thought I will post some pictures for those of you who have not been there yet and would like to know more about it.






1 comment:

Lady divine said...

I've been there once... and I too like the way it looks..:)

But I was in a rush that day...

Hope to go again and just...chill :)