Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Confused’s Dillema!

“My wife asked me what does she have which I don’t?”

Confused looks across me and whispers desperately

“I don’t know how to tell her without hurting her feelings that what really attracted me to her was the fact that she can cook a decent meal and keep a neat clean house?”

“It seems so fickle. But it is the truth.”

“For fifteen years I have suffered silently!”

“I have tried to speak to her and tell her how I feel, but it has fallen on deaf years or being brushed aside.”

“In fact to this day I HATE to go home. I HATE living in my house. Who would want to stay away from his own home unless it has become a prison? Every moment I stay there I can feel my life being squeezed out of me. The sad thing is she does not realize how it is killing me.”

“She thinks I am happy or rather I should be happy”

“Sure she is a wonderful mom. But sometimes that’s not enough.

Sometimes you need a wife.”

“If I leave, my kids suffer. If I don’t, I suffer. Gosh now I know the meaning of Damned if I do and Damned if I don’t!”

I put my hands on his shoulder and let it stay there while looking at him patiently saying nothing. Because there is nothing I could say that can bring him any comfort.

All I feel is pity for the poor chap.

No comments: