Monday, November 16, 2009

Buying what you paid for?

No this is not the usual attention grabing headline those of us in the advertising industry are prone to write. For once it is actually the truth! A intriguing situation which I found myself in this week.
My kids were conducting a fundraising sale in church. They were all quite enthusiastic about it. Of course this meant we had to buy the items for them and eventually buy it back once more at the sale. The good news was it was a real bargain! We had to pay much lower than what we paid for it in the first place.
A good example of this was my daughters decided that they were going to sell cakes. So we bought plain butter cake for 170 bucks a slab (I think). Then I believe at least another one hundred odd rupees of value addition was added cos the kids decided to decorate it using up all the butter in the house to mix their icing. Anyway I would say the actual cost of the cake without factoring in labor was a good 250/- And guess what they sold it for 100/- he he now thats what I call a great bargain. There was more stuffsuch as cookies and cards and little bags (30/-) which were great christmas gifts all at amazing prices. My wife ended up buying all the christmas cards which were made at home because she could not afford to part with them. Pun intended. Next time there is a such a sale I am going to post about it on my blog you can really pick up a bargain at these things.

No comments: