Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Its godly to forgive!

Well this is the story I wanted to write about on my previous post but got side tracked instead and ended up unloading about my frustrating week. Well the fact is I met this gentleman who had lived through the 83 riots. His house had been destroyed and he had to go from being a Colombo boy to Jaffna where he was bullied and ridiculed by everyone for being from a posh background. Of course sometime after that he went abroad and made it big. But what I cant believe is that he decided to come back to Sri Lanka and set up a business here thereby providing Sri Lankans more jobs.
How can one who saw his home destroyed by people from another race come back and not feel angry about it? But when I started thinking about it there were many people who has done it. There is a pastor in the church I go to whose house was burnt by people who used to come and watch television in his house daily.
If this happened to me would I feel the same away about it? I don't think so! In fact I would be a terrorist by now. What makes these people who have been terribly treated by us Sinhalese forgive us and put the past behind them and carry on as before. Well I don't know the answer but it leads to the title of my post its godly to forgive!

No comments: