Friday, June 6, 2008

A frustrating week?

Here I am staring at this empty box... trying to figure out what I should write?
Wish there was something deep and meaningful which would feel like pearls of wisdom. And sadly nothing seems to appear in the horizon.
Should I write about how difficult it was for me to close the months accounts without showing a loss. What a frustrating week it has been as I had to give leave to some of my colleagues to go and sit for their CIM exams. And there was a ton of work which was getting delayed as a result. That I felt like that they are looking at working for me as a holiday exercise till they finish their exams and get on to more challenging tasks.
Is it me? Am I being a bad leader? Not motivating my team to reach for greater heights. Or is it just me being a sissy and a lazy bum who waits for the orange to fall into his lap instead of going and plucking it from the tree.
Should I talk about the frustrating meetings which I had to attend to with some of the most idiotic people. Making me wonder if I had made the right career choice. In fact making me wish I had such a small operation that I could tell these idiots to go and shove it instead of having to put on a nice face and smile.... in order to make sure that I had enough funds to pay my team.
Some of them who are the most ungrateful SOBs under the son. I had a situation where one of my team members were asked to voice a commercial where he had gone to supervise the recording while he was on duty. This particular voice cut was rejected by the client. But yet this guy insists that we should pay him his full fee. Theoretically he is correct. But he was on duty when he did this project. And I have paid him a five figure salary for the past one and a half years and put up with the crap work which he has done without firing him cos I knew he had to have a way to make ends meet. He did very little work and the rest of the time did sweet nothing. I really had to keep a check on my temper as I wanted to ask him to get out immediately... but then I thought of a local saying which says when a dog barks at you and if you bark back then you become a dog as well.
I was wondering if I should rave and rant about the Bomb which went off this morning killing 20 more innocent people. Life is so uncertain these days. You are never sure if you will make it back home till you get there. I wonder if this bomb might lead to some kind of riots.
Amidst all this I was sitting with a client and heard the most amazing story which I will share with you later on in another post.

No comments: