Tuesday, October 26, 2010

City Island: So easy to miss…

But then you would be missing out on quite a charming dramatic comedy. I know this is the first time you might have heard of a dramatic comedy but that’s exactly what this is. This is one of those low profile movies which do not merit a second glance at the video store. The only reason I picked it up is because I keep an eye open for these nondescript movies as sometimes I end up finding absolute gems. Of course another reason why I picked this up was because Andy Garcia was in it and I have not seen a recent movie of his for a long time. Even reading the cover one would assume it is a boring piece of shit. And to be honest it is boring but in a funny way. Cos it starts out slow like sometimes laughter does and towards the end you just can’t stop because it is so absurd. Well this is not a review but just a little flag about the movie to see if it piques your attention. I loved it and would have hated to miss it. I think you might feel the same way too.

No comments: