Monday, July 14, 2008

A peaceful weekend...

I cannot simply believe it... I left work early on Friday and decided to close office on saturday much to the delight of my colleagues. And what a relaxing weekend it was. Too relaxing if you ask me. I went home early and me and the Mrs decided to watch some movies. Which was good. Started with a lovely indi movie called "the crime of padre romero" which in short was about a priest falling in love with a girl from his congregation. After which I watched this amazing movie called "Perfume" which was absolutely bloody fantastic... I loved the plot the story line the way it was shot the color grading etc everything about it was super... It was an artsy movie which held you spell bound... Whatever said and done I think these bloody Europeans know how to make great movies.
Saturday was as relaxing... woke up late pottered about the house till I had to go and drop the kids and the wife at a lunchoen party... went to gym crawled through my cardio work out and went to pick them up. Got back home did nothing but watch movies and just be lazy.
Sunday took kids out to Loon tao the food was great... but the kids did not enjoy it as much as there priority was not the food but the opportunity to play. So they were quite grumpy when they realised that they could not play and as my eldest daughter put it "We eat every day even at home but only rarely get to play on the beach"! Then once again it dawned on me how Kids see the world through a completely different set of eyes. And how their values are so different to ours. For her eating out was not the important thing. She (they) would have been as delighted if we went to the beach and sat on a corner without going to a restaurant and just ate some pineapple from a hawker!!!! Well wish I had known this before I had to pay a bill of five grand.

No comments: