Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting caught without your pants...

Well thankfully it was not as bad as getting caught with my pants down. And no this is not a post about infidelity... though I am sure you might have if you had read some of my posts below.

Thursday night was busy... the boys in office came to enjoy a few drinks and dinner before we disbanded for the new year holidays. Well yours truly had a one or two more drinks than he should as well as a lot more to eat than I should. So I woke up on the first day of my holiday to a slight head ache. Feeling a little puffy and hung over. But the day was going to be good I had invited two of my ex clients for a long lazy lunch. And I was looking forward to their company and stimulating conversation along with some great food. I thought it would be best if I hit the gym for a few minutes at least and get some calories burnt out so that I don't feel as guilty when I am shovelling food into my mouth at lunch.

Well by the time I got my sorry ass into the gym I had less than a hour to work out. So i spent 45 minutes on the treadmill working out a sweat and decided to rush to office for a shower and change in approximately half an hour...

As I rush to the office I realise that traffic is a bitch. It seems that half of Colombo has decided to park down the road which leads to my office and as usual everyone is behaving like that they own the road.

So after much frustration with twenty minutes to spare I manage to rush into office and jump out of the vehicle and take my bag and my clothes out... this is when the shit hits the fan.... It seems I have forgotten to put the clothes into the car and my shirt and pants are still hanging on a door knob at home.

Its too late to go back home and what I am wearing is too sweaty... suddenly a brain wave hits me... why not buy an outfit from the shop which is just a few hundred feet away... so I head to the shop but its crowded and you cannot even stick a thumb inside but hey this is when the fact that you are just after a work reeking of a mix of sweat and the previous nights booze and fags help... I managed to make my way through the crowds as people just kept opening a way in front of me rather than having me rub on them... he he buy pants and shirt wait another nail biting ten minutes to pay the bill... rush back to office... and once I finish my shower i put on my new clothes..... Damn the shirt is too big... way too big...
In the rush I had forgotten about the fact that I am many sizes slimmer now thanks to my new work out regime... and had asked for my old size which was XXL... well what can I say one of my clients was already there by then... so I dragged him and went back to the shop wearing my new way too large T shirt and bought another smaller one which fitted me better and went on my way for my lunch...
Well thankfully it was the only negative happening for the day... it was wonderful to hang out with my clients (or should I say friends) again and just relax and chill and unwind... the food at the lagoon was excellent too... a icey cold beer... oysters on ice... Singapore style chillie crab... fried calamari with tamarind sauce... the list goes on and on... but after all the stress I went through guess I enjoyed the whole experience better.

No comments: