Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Too good to be true???????

Help! I have been bitten by a positive bug. I am suddenly feeling good and wonderful about everything. Specially about the government who I was quick to criticize and slow to praise.

It all started when I read this article on DBS Jeyaraj’s blog about what an excellent job the government was doing with the rehabilitation of the terrorists who handed themselves over during the war. It was not just what he said but also from what was said in the comments which there was a large number. Some tamil people were saying good things which I found hard to believe. But it has to be true.

My elation did not come upon me in one great eruption like a volcano but it was more the case of being elated in small doses. In trickles and spurts. Like when I saw the road I take my daughters to school on, carpeted very well and competently. Or when I visited the Hambantota district and felt the positive progressive buzz in the air.

And last night I was having a nice drink at the Lagoon I got this text message saying that Mervin has been sacked. That was it and I said to myself I think MR might be able to walk the talk. Maybe there is more to him than I give him credit for.

And to add icing to the cake, when I was going back home the road was being repaired near castle street hospital in a neat and efficient and it was then I realized that even without me realizing it I don’t hate these guys as much as I did before. Maybe they actually might do something. Given the chance.

3 comments:

Dee said...

i knowww...things are gooot :D a bit :D

Alexia said...

Oh I love that feeling!

Hoot-a-Toot said...

I've been feeling so too lately....hmmmm