Monday, June 19, 2017

Prawn 65 - The dish that taught me a life lesson

Generally life lessons are learnt when you face something tragic or some kind of hardship.
But in my case I learnt a life lesson in a lovely restaurant experiencing something delicious.
Life is indeed bliss!
I love their "Chai tea"
This happened when I stepped into one of my favourite haunts Chutneys at the Cinnamon Grand. I find going through a menu somewhat of a chore. Especially when I am sipping on an amazingly lovely Chai tea which they are famous for. So I decided to ask the waiter instead. After all he came across as a rather nice and helpful chap with a willing to please attitude.
This was one of the best decisions I have made in my life.
The amazingly tasty prawn dish with the uninspiring name!
He recommended a prawn dish which was out of this world and truly a sensation on the palate. Later on I asked him to point out the dish on the menu so I could order it another day as well as recommend it to my friends. It was then that I was told that this dish was a new invention by the chef and that it was not on the menu. In fact at that particular time it was not even named. Though now it boasts the uninspiring moniker of "Prawn 65".
Somehow this little incident made me put my philosophical hat on.
It made me realise that this is quite similar to how most of us make decisions in life. We try to choose from a menu of "expected/established" choices instead of looking beyond the pages for that perfect solution .
The Chutny's Margarita's are wonderful too!


No comments: