Monday, January 13, 2014

Revisiting the new Park Street Mews

The green and white decor was very hip 
I was never impressed with the Park Street Mews.
Yes, the place was lovely the atmosphere was great but the food left a lot lacking.
In fact I went there to dine in maybe 3 – 4 years ago but my experience was so much below average that I have never stepped into that place again.
Till now that is.
 
Even the bread basket (err Board) was easy on the eye
Whispers had been trickling in about how good the food was. So finally a friend and I decided to check out the place for lunch.I loved the green and white ambience. The mojito I ordered was average but the food was out of this world. I had Prawn in Green Curry along with a feta and chick peas salad which was simply exquisite.

Prawns in Thai Green Curry - wish they had more than rice 
The chickpea salad was excellent 
My dining partner had a Salmon steak which was pretty good too. I also saw some very interesting dishes on the tables of some of the other diners as well.
The Salmon steak was good too though not the best I have ever eaten 
But the highlight of my visit was yet to come in the form of the most delicious homemade (err made by the chefs of the restaurant but there is no word for it) ice cream I have had in a long time. Sadly the portions were not the most generous but the flavors were heavenly. Each serving consists of three scoops. Taking the advice of the server I decided to try three different flavors’; Chai Tea, burnt Caramel and chocolate. The Chai tea and Burnt Caramel was outstanding.

Best described as three Orgasms in a row 
Making me make a mental note that I need to be visiting this place again soon. Very very soon.

No comments: